🎄Dedication

For my three adult children, Sienna, Kalib, and Christopher. I enjoy(ed) bringing you joy every year as children, and I do hope that you will carry on the Christmas tradition in years to come. I love you all so very much. 💋
Love, Mom

Friday, February 16, 2024

Valentine's Day 2024

My new book, "The Musubi Man."
Happy Belated Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day came and went.  I like the holiday, but I really love Christmas more.  My husband said he really searched high and low in stores for a Chia Pet for me.  I love houseplants and I never got a Chia Pet before, so I was really hoping for one.  

We didn't exchange gifts for the actual V-Day, but I did get him Green Bay Packer's slip on sandals, and a teeshirt a week before Valentine's Day.  He got me chocolates and a forever rose from the Valentine's section of the local drug store, but two weeks before Valentine's Day.

Still, I'm more obsessed with Christmas.  I know we didn't get the annual Christmas ornament this past Christmas.  So, I was thinking I'd buy a Christmas book.  I made a mistake.  I should have read it first.

I automatically assume Gingerbread men are Christmas-related.  But, they aren't.  I don't think I ever read the full story of the "Gingerbread Man," the one that says, "Run, run, run, fast as you can.  You can't catch me, I'm the Gingerbread Man."  I found a Hawaiian version called "The Musubi Man."  There's nothing Christmassy about it.  It came in the mail today, and I was totally disappointed.  But, I will add it to my Tiki things, because I also collect Tiki mugs.  I'm bummed.  So, I am still on the hunt for a Hawaiian Christmas book.  I guess, I should get the Pidgin version of  'Twas the Night Before Christmas, this time.  

Merry All Year Long!

2 comments:

❄️Season's Greetings! Please feel free to submit any comments or questions on my blog. I will answer as quickly as I can.
Comments are moderated due to spam and scams. Advertising or Soliciting will not be honored.



Oh, hi.

You are Visitor #